Printing business cards, ads, posters, and mailers is part and parcel of operating a small business. In fact, around 85% of small- and medium-sized businesses with annual sales of not more than $3 million turn to small commercial printers for their printing needs. Commercial printing can not only be an expensive business cost, but it is also an essential part of product or service marketing. If one would look at the larger scheme of things, using the services of commercial printers can be budget-friendly in the long run.
Printing Headaches of Small-Business Owners
1. Cost of printer cartridges. The cheapest ink you can find is about $13/ounce, which costs more than a bottle of Champagne. The most expensive one is at $75/ounce—more costly than a Chanel No. 5 perfume.
2. Cost of printer paper. If your business is printing hundreds of pages of ads a day, the cost ends up being significant. Let’s say you print 500 sheets a week, that could be $2600 total by the end of the year if you also include your ink cost.
3. Paper jams. Your time gets wasted trying to fix the problem or waiting for the technician.
4. Wasted printer ink. According to ConsumerReports.org, ink is pricey and it might even end up getting wasted. In HP’s website, it is stated that some of the ink is used to maintain the health of the print head, some are residual, while some evaporate.
5. Replenishment frequency of printer cartridges. You can try to save money buying ink cartridges by refilling them, but it can get messy and also will take up your time.
Get Rid of the Headaches Through Commercial Printing
Small-business owners may skip on printing in color to save money on the precious ink, but this practice is not doing them any favor. Printing in color gives the business an advantage and helps attract new customers because of the impressive quality of the image. In this case, calling the help of a commercial printer can help save you time and money when you print in color.
You also don’t need to worry about putting together a printing template. Printing companies nowadays lets you upload your file, place your order, and just have them deliver the copies to you. You save a lot of time, as well as you don’t have to face the hassle of the printing process.
In-house printing also is not a viable option as explained previously. Printing companies can offer you greater discounts on their paper products, ink, and even on the design. Since you are printing in high volume (business cards, banners, flyers, etc.), you end up saving more in the long run.
So if your small business has come to the point where you need hundreds or thousands of prints at a time, consider the services of a commercial printer (like Modern Litho) to handle your needs. No more worries and you can better use up your time and resources managing your business.